Friday, July 8, 2011

OBIEE Using the EM NQQuery log

After I did this article http://obiee101.blogspot.com/2011/07/obiee11-how-to-use-log.html on how to read the NQquery.log with notepad I got a couple of emails telling me that the log can also be found in the enterprise manager.

First of all I know but I don’t like it because of the time it takes to refresh every time. (My laptop isn’t that fast).

But here is how you use it:

Open the enterprise manager and go to the business intelligence core application:

image

Click on the diagnostics tab and open the Log Messages tab

image

Open the server log:

image

You might have to wait a bit:

image

Check the trace box

image

and add “Sending query to database” in the Message contains box

press the search button

image

Now you can plough trough the log:

image

Till Next Time

No comments: