Friday, September 2, 2011

OBIEE Killing the firewall on linux

I was trying to connect to the new SampleApp rpd on a remote machine and got this  error nqserror 12008 unable to connect to port 9703. The error says it all, port 9703 is blocked. First I killed the firewall on the linux VM (yep, the  security guy will beat me up tonight Knipogende emoticon )

Open a terminal, make yourself root  > SU

next kill the firewall:

  1. Stop the ipchains service. > # service ipchains stop
  2. Stop the iptables service. > # service iptables stop
  3. Stop the ipchains service from starting when you restart the server. > # chkconfig ipchains off
  4. Stop the iptables service from starting when you restart the server. > # chkconfig iptables off

See: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19140-01/821-0908/p52.html

On all router in between I checked that port 9703 was open.

Now I could make a ODBC for my windows 7 machine to the sample app.

Till Next Time

No comments: