Thursday, May 20, 2010

OBIEE Playing With TopN Part 1

Basic question Give back the Top10 Customers:

image

Simple add a TopN filter to request:

image

Most manager won’t be satisfied with this report because there isn’t a time element present. Let’s add a year:

image

image 

Okay what about the top10 for each year? Here is one solution:

First convert the filter to SQL:

image

image

Add a by to the TOPN Part:

TOPN("F1 Revenue"."1-01  Revenue  (Sum All)",10 by "D0 Time"."T05 Per Name Year" ) <= 10

image

image

What about showing the top 2 products for each top10 customer? I will discus that in part2.

Till Next Time

1 comment:

crspycrtr said...

John,

I love your posts, I can't tell you how many times you've gotten me out of a bind.

Unfortunately I've come accross one that I can't seem to figure out. I just use the answers sections in OBIEE so this may be beyond what I can do.

I have 2 reports that I want to be able to pass values back and forth from (navigate). I have no problems with the first query as I navigate on one column named CLLI which is also in the second query. The second query gives me information related to that CLLI and one of the columns is a Z-side CLLI. What I want to be able to do is navigate back to the original query using the Z-side CLLI as the CLLI in the first report. I put in a filter where query1 CLLI =/in query2 Z-side CLLI but it then lists all of the values in the Z-side CLLI that are related to the query2 CLLI.