1. Long report name are hard to read for the user; What is the difference between:
Leftover vacation days male employee fixed contracts age 21-30
Leftover vacation days male employee fixed contracts age 31-40
2. They tend to run out of the dialog boxes:
3. Over 55 characters OBIEE starts to hash the file name, so they are harder to find on the file system:
4. If you want to use a scripting tool to create your reports, you will have to recreated the hash. This is almost impossible since Oracle will not tell the public how the Hash works.
5. A Little bird told that you might run into trouble when upgrading to 11g, they couldn’t confirm it was taken care of in the test program.
Till Nex Time